Gratitude is a very powerful tool when panic starts to come into your life. Gratitude can start shifting you into a more grounded place immediately. Gratitude can shift you to a heart place.
“Step Into Gratitude” TIP:
When you start to notice that Panic is seeping in, STOP. Take 3 deep breaths. Get in touch with what you are feeling at that very moment. Allow yourself to feel them. Are you scared, angry, frustrated, and/or worried? No matter what it is, feel it.
Then, begin to open up to what there is to be grateful for in this moment. If you can, set a timer for 2 minutes and for that entire time, just write out or say out-loud everything that comes to your mind to be grateful for.
As an example say:
- I am grateful for my hands that allow me to type here.
- I am grateful for my kitchen table where we have eaten so many delicious meals and had wonderful conversations
- I am grateful for being a mom and having 2 loving children
- I am grateful that I am alive to be part of the good times and the bad times
- I am grateful for my strong body that takes a licking and keeps on ticking
- I am grateful for my dog, Sookie, who loves me unconditionally
There is no wrong way of doing this. You’ll begin to feel the shift, right away. Allow yourself to swim in the waters of Gratitude.
This tool is used with Cancer Coaching clients and it shifts them to a more productive attitude. It’s one of the many tools in our signature program Panic to Powerful™.